The Arc Of The South Shore Inc
Our Mission+ Edit Mission Statement
Add a mission statement for "The Arc Of The South Shore Inc." What do they do and what makes them unique?
Start a Conversation
The Arc of the South Shore is guided by a mission to provide the highest quality services and advocacy for children and adults with cognitive, physical, and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc of the South Shore is a family oriented, community-based non-profit agency, which believes that all individuals have the right to participate fully in their community.
The Arc of the South Shore holds the principle that communities have a responsibility to accept and support their members who face developmental challenges, and to help them exercise their skills and abilities. In practice, The Arc of the South Shore strives to provide services that fully integrate individuals into the life of the community, that are responsive to the full range of individual, family and community needs, and that incorporate effective systems of family support.
The Arc of the South Shore also undertakes a broad range of advocacy, information and referral, parent networking, community education, consultation and outreach activities. These activities are designed to increase public awareness of the needs of persons with developmental disabilities and the availability and quality of resources available to them.
The Arc of the South Shore has been providing these services since 1951.
Financial information in-depth
Form 990 documents
Assets and Revenues reported June 1, 2015
- Asset Amount:
- Income Amount:
- Form 990 Revenue Amount:
- NTEE Code:
- Human Services
- Centers to Support the Independence of Specific Populations
- Developmentally Disabled Centers
- Ruling Date:
- Dec. 1, 1954
- Group Exemption Number:
- Subsection Code:
- Affiliation Code:
- Classification Code:
- Deductibility Code:
- Contributions are deductible.
- Foundation Code:
- Organization that normally receives no more than one third of its support from gross investment income and unrelated business income and at the same time more than one third of its), support from contributions, fees, and gross receipts related to exempt purposes. 509(a)(2)
- Activity Code:
- Organization Code:
- Exempt Organization Status Code:
- Unconditional Exemption
- Advanced Ruling Expiration Date:
- Filing Regulation Code:
- 990 (all other) or 990EZ return
- Filing Regulation Code:
- No 990-PF return
- Asset Code:
- $5,000,000 to $9,999,999
- Income Code:
- $10,000,000 to $49,999,999
- Account Period: